Latest Driving & DMV Information Kansas CDL

Applying for a Kansas CDL - Class B License

by Joshua on Sep 03, 2014.
Filed under: Kansas
A "commercial driver's license (CDL)": is usually required for driving large trucks, buses, and vehicles carrying hazardous materials. A Class B CDL is required for any vehicle or vehicle combination with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of greater than 26,000 pounds, towing equal to or less than 10,000 pounds. The most common examples of Class B vehicles are straight trucks, buses, and trucks towing smaller units. This article will go over how to app... Read More

Applying for Kansas CDL - Endorsement H (Hazardous Materials)

by Joshua on Aug 12, 2014.
Filed under: Kansas Commercial Driver's Licence
No federal standards are in place for on-road commercial driver training. To take and pass the CDL knowledge and skills (driving) exams are all the government requires. It's only longer-combination-vehicles (LCV) drivers who must receive training in driver qualifications, wellness, hours of service, and whistleblower protection. The first step to earning your "Commercial Driver's License": is obtaining your Commercial Driver's Instruction Permit (CDIP)... Read More

Applying for a Kansas CDL - Class A License

by Joshua on Jul 20, 2014.
Filed under: Kansas Commercial Driver's Licence
The class for each CDL, A, B or C depends on the weight limit of the vehicle. In order for a person to get a CDL, they must take and pass the "General Knowledge Test": , which is required for all CDLs and additional tests or endorsements required for that license class. h3. Driver's Licenses by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration There are separate classes of comme... Read More