I just moved to Texas? How do I get my license and vehicle registered?

Getting Your License

A new resident can continue driving in TX with an unexpired, valid license from another state for up to 90 days after moving to TX. To get your TX license, you must visit the local Department of Public Safety (DPS) and apply for a TX license. Your valid license from another state must be surrendered at this time.

Individuals with a valid unexpired license from another U.S. State or U.S. territory, or from Canada, France, South Korea or Germany (the countries Texas has license reciprocity agreements with) do not need to take the knowledge or driving tests.

Individuals who hold a valid, unexpired learner license from Canada, France, South Korea or Germany have to take the driving test but not the knowledge test.
Individuals who hold a driver license from any country other than the U.S., Canada, France, South Korea or Germany must take the knowledge and driving tests because Texas does not have reciprocity agreements with other countries.

Individuals under 18 years of age must take the driving test even if they hold a valid driver license from another state or country.

Getting Your Vehicle Registered

You have 30 days from the time you move to TX to get your vehicle registered.

*Visit the New To Texas page on the DPS web site for detailed instructions and cost of getting your vehicle inspected and registered: http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/drivers/new_residents.htm

*For additional information regarding inspections, visit http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/VI/texasRegVeh.htm

100% Money Back Guarantee If You Fail
If you don't pass your written test we will REFUND you 100% of your purchase with us.

What Are You Studying For?