Holiday 2015 Traffic Forecast: The Roads to Avoid
According to AAA, the holiday traffic period officially runs the duration of Wednesday, December 23 through Sunday, January 3, 2016. Unlike during Thanksgiving, the holiday traffic peak lasts a longer period time, spiked by a combination of holiday shoppers and travellers. The AAA Forecast predicts over 100 million travellers will hit the roads this holiday season for the first time EVER.
What can one do to avoid traffic? Well, during the holidays, it can’t always be avoided. Steering clear of highways and freeways, depending on where you live, can be a good idea. To be sure, checking a traffic app like WAZE or Beat the Traffic.com can let you double-check your speediest route theories and see if there are any accidents to avoid.
Another good idea is to avoid commonly congested freeways. Autoblog compiled a list of the freeways with the worst traffic and slowest travel times. We recommend avoiding all of these freeways as you load your sleigh and head to Grandmama’s house.
Top Roads to Avoid
1. NY Cross Bronx Expressway/I-95
2. Los Angeles I-10 and US 101
3. Boston I-93
4. Houston US 59
5. Miami FL 836 Dolphin Expressway
6. Pittsburgh, PA I-279
7. San Francisco I-80
8. Chicago I-90
9. Seattle, WA I-5
10 Minneapolis, MN I-94
No matter how far you have to drive, or whether you are enjoying a white Christmas or a record-breaking warm (possibly rainy) Christmas, we wish you a very merry holiday filled with the love of friends and family.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa, and the warmest of Seasons Greetings to all!
- I Just Moved to Missouri. How Do I Transfer My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Wisconsin. How Do I Get My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Arizona. How Do I Transfer My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Maryland. How Do I Get My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Colorado. How Do I Transfer My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration
- All Articles