Oklahoma Learner's Permit Test
Study Material AvailableDMVCheatSheets.com offers a variety of options to help you easily prepare for and pass the Oklahoma Learner's Permit Test.
- Oklahoma DMV Cheat Sheet
- Oklahoma DMV Online Practice Test
Getting an Oklahoma Learners Permit
Who needs a Learners Permit?
All residents of Oklahoma between the ages of 15 ½ and 18 years old will be required to obtain a learners permit as part of the graduated license program.
Requirements to getting a Learners Permit
In order to qualify for a learners permit, applicants must be at least 16 years old and have parental permission to drive. The parent must accompany you on the day you apply and sign the application. You must first complete a basic driver’s education and provide proof of completion when you apply. In addition, you will be required to submit your birth certificate and two forms of identification. You will take the written learners permit test and must pass in order to continue. There is a $25.00 fee that must be paid at this time in the form of check, cash or money order.
Driving with an OK Learners Permit
The learners permit gives you permission to practice driving for a 6 month period and you must be accompanied by a licensed driver over the age of 21 at all times. You must complete 50 hours of practice time on the road, 10 of which must be night driving. You and your supervised driver will log your progress in the OK Drivers Manual. Practice as much as possible, as it will take at least 15 minutes of drive-time per day to reach the requirement of 50 hours in six months. Use everyday activities such as driving to and from school or church and running errands as an opportunity for driving practice.
Cost of an Oklahoma Learners Permit
There is a $25.00 fee for the learners permit and it can be paid by check, cash or money at the time of application.
Steps to getting an Oklahoma Learners Permit
To receive your learners permit, you must follow the state designated steps of application as part of the graduated license program:
- Appear in person at your local DMV branch, accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Fill out the learners permit application and await your turn. When called, provide the application signed by your parent along with your birth certificate and two accepted forms of identification to the clerk. In addition, you must provide proof you have completed the basic driver’s education to apply.
- You must then pass a vision screen and take your written learners permit test. The test will consist of 50 multiple choice questions based on the information found in the OK Drivers Manual so be sure to study in advance. You must be able to pass with an 80% score or higher to receive your permit.
- Once you have passed all of the tests and your identity is verified, you may pay your $25.00 fee and receive your learners permit.
Visit: www.dmvcheatsheets.com more information on your learner’s permit.