Massachusetts Learner's Permit Test
Study Material AvailableDMVCheatSheets.com offers a variety of options to help you easily prepare for and pass the Massachusetts Learner's Permit Test.
- Massachusetts DMV Online Practice Test
- Massachusetts RMV Cheat Sheet
Getting a Massachusetts Learners Permit
Who needs a learners permit?
Any persons between the ages of 16 and 18 wishing to obtain a Class D license must first obtain and fulfill the requirements of a learners permit. No one under the age of 16 can apply for a permit, even if the applicant holds a valid permit from other state issuing permits under the age requirement. There is a $30 fee for the permit that will include the road test costs for the first test.
Requirements to getting a learners permit
Applicants for a learners permit must meet specific requirements in order to receive permission to practice on public roadways including:
- Present a completed learners permit application signed by a parent.
- Provide the proper documents to prove identity, age, legal presence in the form of a social security card.
- Take a vision screening exam.
- Pass the learners permit exam .www.dmvcheatsheets.com. The written test consists of 25 multiple choice questions covering topics found in the Drivers Manual, as well as junior license specific concepts such as alcohol misuse. This is a timed test and applicants must answer 18 questions correctly in 25 minutes.
- You must have your photograph taken at the end of the learners permit process by a RMV clerk.
- A payment of $30 is required at the time you receive your learners permit. This fee will cover the cost of the permit as well as the permit testing procedures.
Driving with a MH learners permit
Practicing with your learners permit is an important step as you prepare to test for your Junior License and the amount of time you invest into the learning process will determine how soon you are enjoying the freedom of driving. Learners permit drivers must follow specific guidelines while practicing on roads including:
- Being accompanied by a licensed driver over the age of 21 and has held a valid license for over one year. The licensed driver must be in the front seat at all times.
- Drivers under 18 are not allowed to be on the roads between the times of 12 am and 5am unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Cost of a Massachusetts learners permit
The learners permit fee is $30 and it covers the permit as well as testing fees.
Steps to getting a Massachusetts learners permit
There are several steps that must be completed in order to receive a learner’s permit. All applicants must meet the age requirement of 16 to begin the process.
- Complete the learners permit application with a parent signature and visit any full service branch in person.
- Produce all of the required proofs with original documents.
- You must pass a vision exam and take the learners permit test www.dmvcheatsheets.com. The test must be passed with a score of .
- Pay the $30 permit fee and have your photo taken to be on file at the DMV.