Colorado Learner's Permit Test
Study Material AvailableDMVCheatSheets.com offers a variety of options to help you easily prepare for and pass the Colorado Learner's Permit Test.
- Colorado DMV Cheat Sheet
- Colorado DMV Online Practice Test
Getting a Colorado Learners permit
Who needs a learners permit?
All new drivers in Colorado must first obtain a learners permit www.dmvcheatsheets.com before applying for a license. You must be at least 15 ½ years old to apply for a permit. If under 21 you must present a certificate of completion for an approved driver’s education course in order to receive any drivers permit.
Requirements to getting a learners permit
There are several requirements that applicants must meet to obtain a learners permit in the state including:
- Present proof of age, identity and law presence in the US, as well as a social security card.
- A residence must be established using approved documents.
- Minors under 21 must present an affidavit of liability signed by a parent taking responsibility for the minor during road practice.
- All applicants are required to pass a vision test and basic written test with 20 out of 25 questions answered correctly.
- The $14 instructional fee payable by cash, check or money is required to receive a permit.
Driving with a learners permit
All minors under the age of 18 must a hold a learners permit for at least 12 months before applying for a license. During this time they must complete at least 50 hours of behind the wheel practice with 10 hours during nighttime driving. A permit holder 21 years old and above does not have a required amount of time or driving practice hours but practice is recommended to pass the driving test.
Drivers may practice with a parent, step-parent, grandparent or legal guardian who must accompany them at all times while on the road. The driver must keep a log of the driving time signed by the licensed driver which will be submitting during the application process for a new license.
Practice traffic laws while on the road to assure you will pass the road test portion of the driver’s license application, as well as study your cheat sheets and drivers handbook to assure you know them. In addition you must be able to show you can control your vehicle and driving practice will assist you in preparing for this portion of testing.
Cost of a Colorado learners permit
The cost of a learners permit is $14 dollars payable by check, cash or money order
Steps to getting a Colorado Learners permit
- Visit your local DMV branch during business hours to start the process
- Present the clerk with the following documentation:
Minors will need an affidavit of parent liability and proof of completion of an approved driver’s education course. The course must include six hours of behind the wheel instruction.
All applicants must then present proof of age, identity and lawful presence as well as proof of residency and a social security card
- Applicants will then be given a vision test and basic written test www.dmvcheatsheets.com. 20 out of 25 questions must be answered correctly on the written test to pass
- Have your fingerprint taken to be on file and a photograph
- Pay the $14 fee and receive your permit, valid for 3 years