Tennessee Driver's License Info, Driver's License Handbook, DMV Test
New Tennessee drivers must take a vision, written and road test to obtain a driver license. Those under 18 years of age are required to have a valid Tennessee learners permit for at least six months. You are also required to bring proof of name and residency. A complete list of acceptable documents can be found in the $CSLINK or online at the Tennessee DMV website.
The Examinations (from the TN Driver’s Study Guide)
- Vision, written and road test
- Tests are given at all driver license stations and given by appointment.
- During the winter, road tests are not given in the dark.
- No test may be repeated the same day, you need to wait 7-days before retaking the test.
- If you retake the test, all original documents are required.
- There is a $2 fee each time you take the test
Fees For a Class D Operator Tennessee Driver License
A class D license costs $19.50.
If you don't pass your written test we will REFUND you 100% of your purchase with us.