Latest Driving & DMV Information Aug 2014, page 2

Applying for a Louisiana CDL - Class B License

by Joshua on Aug 16, 2014.
Filed under: Louisiana Commercial Driver's Licence
Getting your CDIP—regardless of where you choose to apply for your "Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)": , you must first apply for your Commercial Driver's Instruction Permit (CDIP). A CDIP will allow you to drive along with a CDL holder (of the appropriate vehicle class) in the passenger seat to receive instruction and practice your driving skills. Be sure to bring ... Read More

Applying for a Colorado CDL - Class C License w/ Hazardous Materials

by Joshua on Aug 14, 2014.
Filed under: Colorado Commercial Driver's Licence
The first step to getting your own Class C Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazardous Materials endorsement in the "state of Colorado": is applying for a CDL Instruction Permit. Before deciding on a location too soon, it's important to call ahead — some locations do not support examination procedures. To do so, prepare legal documentation and verification in the following forms: * Your driver's license (showing you're 18 years or older)... Read More

Applying for Kansas CDL - Endorsement H (Hazardous Materials)

by Joshua on Aug 12, 2014.
Filed under: Kansas Commercial Driver's Licence
No federal standards are in place for on-road commercial driver training. To take and pass the CDL knowledge and skills (driving) exams are all the government requires. It's only longer-combination-vehicles (LCV) drivers who must receive training in driver qualifications, wellness, hours of service, and whistleblower protection. The first step to earning your "Commercial Driver's License": is obtaining your Commercial Driver's Instruction Permit (CDIP)... Read More

Applying for a Virginia CDL - Class C License w/ Passenger License

by Joshua on Aug 10, 2014.
Filed under: Virginia Commercial Driver's Licence
In this article, we'll go through everything you're going to want to know about getting a "Class C commercial driver's license": (CDL) in Virginia, as well as your Passenger license. Before you even step into the DMV, know there are a few prerequisites: a clean driving record is mandatory; and you must be 18 years or older with a standard Virginia driver's license;... Read More

Applying for A Connecticut CDL - Endorsement P (Passenger) License

by Joshua on Aug 07, 2014.
Filed under: Connecticut Commercial Driver's Licence
In order to obtain a Connecticut commercial driver's license (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement, the first thing you need to do is apply for your commercial driver instruction permit (CDIP). In Connecticut, you have to take a written general knowledge exam at one of their DMV offices. Before you take the exam, be sure to study the Connecticut Commercial Vehicle Operator's Manual, which can be acquired at the DMV. Once you've familiarized yourself with exam material, head to the DMV with the fol... Read More