All About FREE New York Motorcycle Permit Practice Test 2014
New York Motorcycle Permit Test for this year has changed quite a bit in terms of the exam pattern as well as the questions. However, the eligibility criteria are the same. You can get all the official information about the exams from DMV website or browsing online or even paying visit personally to the DMV office. DMV also provides the DMV handbook which is very useful for any test taker. You can go through various FAQ questions as well as practice some sample questions from the handbook to get a feel of what are the types of questions you will have during the exam.
New York DMV
New York DMV is responsible for issuing the driver’s licenses of all types to the aspiring candidates. They are private organization who follows the Federal guidelines before providing you with the valid license. They are also responsible for issuing application forms, take your head shot photographs, conduct eye test, collect your paper work, address change, verify your legal presence, conduct written tests for various license categories and then conduct road test before granting you the driver’s license. You can visit them here for the office hours and services they offer. They also allow online appointment booking, and broadcast updates to their users.
The eligibility criteria are much similar to any other DMV issued license eligibility:
- If you are an aspiring candidate looking to apply for a motorcycle driver’s license, you should be at least 16 years of age. Hence, remember to carry your birth certificate or some state issued ID which specifies that you are at least 16 years of age.
- You should submit valid documents showing that you are legally present in the United States, especially in New York. You can either show your passport, New York State issued ID card, your Green card proof or any other proof that shows you are legally present. You may or may not be a US Citizen to apply motorcycle license. You also need to submit a copy of your Social Security Number, if you are not yet 21 years of age, then show your parents’ consent form.
- Before you write the written test for the motorcycle drivers test, you should have class E driver’s license and should be valid when you are trying to apply for the motorcycle license.
- Regardless of your age, you should be able to complete and pass the Basic Motorcycle rider course and get your certification for the course successfully. If you do not clear this, you will not be able to even attend the written test for getting the motorcycle license.
- You can attend Motorcycle only licenses test where you do not need to give the four wheeler driving test.
About New York Motorcycle Permit Test 2014
This year 2014, New York DMV has changed the exam pattern and questions for the Motorcycle Permit test. Hence it is essential that every candidate is aware of the test details before attending the test. You can go to the DMV site and take the motor cycle practice tests before appearing for the real license exam. The DMV site lists a couple of question paper set which you can buy for a nominal charge and appear for the exam. These test questions are well revised in 2014 in order to suit the latest changes as per the New York DMV rules. These questions are mainly about driving, traffic rules and signals, thus making you less nervous when you attend the real exam. The test package is available as basic –quick refresher costing $9.95, advanced – for new drivers costing $14.95 and also free – limited test. You can purchase some more practice tests here http://www.dmv.org/motorcycle-practice-test.php
Sample questions for FREE New York Motorcycle Permit Practice Test 2014
1. _______ is the safest way to use saddlebags
a) Only use 1 saddlebag at a time
b) Evenly distribute weight
c) Not carry a passenger at the same time
d) All saddlebags are full
2. Which of these options should be done at night?
a) Avoid driving on rural road
b) Closely follow vehicles
c) Weight bright clothes for being visible
d) Slow down so you can stop within the range of your heights
3. You should change lane if
a) If you are followed
b) Riding in residential road
c) Approaching blind intersection
d) Riding in multi lane road
4. If your rear tire is flat when you are driving
a) Stop with rear brakes
b) Use brakes to stop
c) Use engine brakes
d) Stop with front brakes only
5. What should you do when you are driving on slippery roads?
a) Lean back
b) Hold the clutch
c) Avoid sudden moves
d) Increase or maintain your speed
You can also obtain cheat sheets from this website.
- I Just Moved to Missouri. How Do I Transfer My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Wisconsin. How Do I Get My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Arizona. How Do I Transfer My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Maryland. How Do I Get My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration?
- I Just Moved to Colorado. How Do I Transfer My Driver's License and Vehicle Registration
- All Articles